This time the idea had to do with how candles also happen to be made of wax.
Then about how it would be fun to do a more visually interesting background to see how it would mesh with the automatically vibrant foreground.
This is what I ended up with.
For the canvas I was first trying to get an interesting texture from paint, ink, and a sponge. Of course It wasn't quite getting the effect I wanted so I switched over to Elmer's glue.
Which somehow worked like a charm.
Once that was all dry I hot glued tea candles and a couple stubby round red candles, to the top of the canvas. Then I lit them up
That burn session was a definite learning experience.
First, tea lights aren't the best if you wants a good flow, but are manageable if you cut a slit in the side.
Second, my work friend Jade is a bit of a pyromaniac.
When I went to bed that night I figured that I would be adding another layer of wax in the morning, but it has really grown on me.
I just love the simplicity of it. And I think that the more complex background works.
|Not sure how long these will last though|