Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Book on the Shelf

This is just a quick post I knocked out as I'm attempting to gather all the ingredients needed to make bread.*

Since the local thrift store is only about a mile away my friends and I go there quite often whenever the need arises for any hopeful but random object.

A week or so ago I was thumbing through the cookbook section when I ran across this


This is the record of a special moment between mother and son that I had somehow been given a speacial window into.

I wonder about how they both felt when he left home.

I wonder where he went, and how much use he found in this book.

I wonder why he didn't keep it,  even just for the sentimental value.

Standing there at DI I felt like I had a string of lightning in my hand, one that connected me to this Sheldon Martin, where he went on his mission, and his mother.

I put the book back on the shelf.

* you wouldn't think it would be so hard would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment