Sunday, May 20, 2012

What the Bamboo stitch looks like in the Round

I finally got around to trying out the Bamboo stitch featured in this Laughing Willow post here,  and I just wanted to show you what the stitch looks like so far.


It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, mostly just because I didn't take time to actually process the fact that this stitch does look like bamboo stalks.

Crochet is generally that straightforward, so I'm not sure why I thought.

Overall I  do like the stitch.  It works up a little stiff in my default Simply Soft yarn, but the fabric still feels nice.

I'm also extremely fond of the thick stripes on front.

I have been on a stripey kick lately.

I recommend trying it, if you are so inclined.

For  those new to the double ended hook like me, these are the two video resources that I used to figure out how this stitch works in the round.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment