Saturday, March 31, 2012

My Excellent Adventure; Part 1

I had planned to be productive yesterday.   I knew that I really should finish the "first" draft of my senior thesis so that I might spend the next three weeks editing it.

What happened instead so so awesome that I'm going to break it into two parts for your enjoyment.

My evening started off with a church activity involving food.  I brought vinegar taffy, which everyone seemed to enjoy, but honestly the highlight of the activity for me was the shrimp in grits someone else brought.

For the record shrimp is the most delicious food in the world.  If I were trapped on a island for the rest of my life and I could only bring one book I would bring shrimp instead. That's how much I love it.

After the activity Josh and I headed over the Gladys's house where we were planning on meeting to hike the Y.

When we were finally all assembled we realized that Taylor* wouldn't be able to go hiking and make it home in time for curfew.  We sat dumbfounded for a little while then Josh mentioned that there was a castle here in provo that we could go explore.

It's not a real castle per se, but it was constructed for the filming of some film that was a knock off of a movie that we all enjoy.  Apparently they kept it up because couples like to take engagement and wedding pictures there.

As all the doors and windows were padlocked we just explored the outside of the building.  There was a random amphitheater, a couple stories of locked rooms, and an outside chimney, all of which was made more interesting by the cloak of night.

There as a single room, which was also locked from the outside, that had a bright light emanating from under the door and around the shutters.  We knocked, but no one answered.

See? Castle! (source)



I don't know what I was hoping for, but it would have been awesome.

We dithered around for a while, both at the castle and on the paved trails behind it, then rushed to buy pizza and ice cream before Taylor had to drive home.

I swear it took us longer to pick a single half gallon of ice cream than it took us to eat it. Someone wanted coconut, can you believe that?





* also known as 'He-Who-Has-a-Car'

P.S. the photography blog I pulled the picture from is amazing! Unfortunately it doesn't look like she updates very often. Though I still think you should check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment