Monday, February 20, 2012

The Problem With Girls...

Is that at some point in their lives they will have to worry about their hair.  ...  Guys too I suppose, but I'm  talking about girls here so don't get your knickers in a twist.

When I had very long hair all it required was a good brushing and one of those elastic hair things every morning. When I got it all chopped off in the superior interests of Archaeology my process became even simpler and I got to throw away all my hair bands.

Now the demon thing has gone and grown out into the 'Awkward Stage'.  I can't leave it down anymore because it's mutated into a collection of blocky angles that only multiply when I try to comb it into submission.  And I can't put it up yet because it's not long enough to be pulled back.
if so, please tell me, I want to try this out

Unless of course this is a hairstyle now.

The obvious solution is to don increasingly tacky headbands until my hair grows past this, or until I give up and go make an appointment with the BYU barbershop.

But not the hard plastic kind of headband because those were created by the devil.

Seriously.

Have you ever put one of those things on?  Who else do you think could convince legions of girls everywhere to walk around with a vice wrapped around their heads?

This leads me to the unveiling of my second crochet creation;


It still needs some tweaking so I wont post the pattern just yet, but the basic idea here is that it would be as comfortable as a cloth band while being thinner around the back so that it doesn't make my hair stick up like a duck's butt.

Yes, this is what I do with my weekends.

No, none of my friends with cars wanted to go hiking in the snow*.

*they all have lives or something


1 comment:

  1. I loved this post. Is there no one to cut your hair besides a barber?

    ReplyDelete