Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bitty Baby Dress Pattern Review

Last weekend I went to my sister -in -law's baby shower.  She's having a baby girl later this month and we're all really happy for her.

I made this dress for the occasion, from my fabric stash.  I bought the red floral cotton forever ago in Portland. The satin lining and piping were left over from my wedding dress.

I think it only took about 1/2  a yard of each, so it was totally doable from what I had already.

Click here for the pattern.

I did add a lining to the skirt as well as the bodice, but that wasn't too hard of a modification.

The pattern was really easy to follow, and it only took an afternoon to make.

The only tricky part was sewing the lining to the curvy part of the bodice, I had a hard time keeping my seam allowances even and following the curve on my machine.  It was the first time I'd done anything free-form so take that into consideration.

I would give the  pattern 5/5 for clarity, and 4/5 for ease. I would recommend it if you're interested.*

*and have an adorable baby to give it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment