Saturday, August 11, 2012

Simplicity 3678

My friends Gladyce and Ryan got married this last Tuesday.

She the first of my close friends to get hitched here in college land so it was numbingly wonderful. I am truly happy for them both and I hope that the rest of their lives are as awesome as they are.

I am here to talk about my dress.




I've been sewing for quite some time, so I know my way around a sewing machine and a pattern. However, this was by far the most complex thing I have ever tried.  I found it to be both confusing and wonderfully simple.

That's what I love about sewing,  The only hard part is figuring out what the directions mean. After that it's just putting it all together.

Overall I'm quite happy with myself.  I got the dress finished in time, It looked good, and it didn't even fall apart while I was wearing it.

Some of the seams definitely could have used some improvement, but that's for the next dress.


For those of you who are interested I left of the petticoats because I wanted the skirts to be slimmer.

 I also left out of the boning the bodice and opted for straps instead,  Although that was more out of a sense of laziness then of style.


No comments:

Post a Comment